4th Annual Hilton Head Island Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour
Join us Memorial Day Weekend at the top Juried Art Show featuring Local and National Artists.
- Anderson, SC (1888PressRelease) May 11, 2012 - Paintings, jewelry, sculpture and more will all be on display at the annual Hilton Head Island Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour May 26 & 27 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. This annual tradition designed to appeal to all tastes and budgets gives festival-goers an opportunity to explore original handmade artwork including the newest creations by the artists from across the country. Admission is free and open to the public.
The 150 participating artists, who will be on site for the duration of the show to discuss their art, will line the area with their professional display booths, transforming Shelter Cove Harbour into a high-end outdoor art gallery attracting locals and tourists alike. The event appeals to people of all ages including families, art enthusiasts and serious art buyers hoping to enhance their collections. Prices range from $25 hand-designed earrings to $30,000 metal sculptures.
A Mediterranean-style deep-water marina with shopping and dining, Shelter Cove Harbour is located at 1 Harbourside Lane, directly across from Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort. The area is a popular waterfront shopping and dining destination for locals and tourists to Hilton Head.
"Our jury process is very selective, this is how we ensure a diverse and eclectic mix of styles and media that appeal to a broad variety of art enthusiasts and collectors," says festival promoter Howard Alan. "There is truly something for everyone."
WHAT: Howard Alan Events Presents the 4th Annual Hilton Head Island Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour
WHEN: May 26 - 27, Saturday & Sunday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
WHERE: Shelter Cove Harbour, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Navigational Address: 1 Harbourside Lane, Shelter Cove Harbour, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938
WHY: To Support the Arts and the Local Community
ADMISSION: Free and open to the public
CONTACT INFORMATION: info ( @ ) artfestival dot com or 561-746-6615
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
• Juried first-class outdoor art gallery showcasing local and national artists
• Original Artwork Handmade in America
• 150 artists from 30 different states
• Prices set to suit all budgets - ranging from as little as $25 to $30,000
• Artists hand-selected by independent panel of expert judges from hundreds of applicants
• All artists on site for duration of festival
• Vast array of artistic media:
o Life Size Sculptures
o Handmade jewelry
o Mixed Media
For interviews with participating artists and images of their work, please contact AnaBelle Dweck at anabelle ( @ ) artfestival dot com dot
About Howard Alan Events, Ltd.:
Howard Alan Events, a Florida-based company, develops and presents art and craft shows throughout the country. For the past 25 years, Howard Alan Events has produced some of the nation's finest juried art shows, including more than 40 venues each year such as the Downtown Aspen Art Festival (Aspen, CO), Beaver Creek Art Festival (Beaver Creek, CO), Chicago Tribune North Michigan Avenue Art Festival (Chicago, IL), and the Las Olas Art Fairs, (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Several shows are ranked in the top 100 art fairs in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine. The group's founders personally select culture rich cities for their show locations providing a complete outdoor experience unmatched by other festivals. Each show is unique with works of both established and emerging artists.
About Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Shelter Cove Harbour:
Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort is a more than 2,000-acre resort destination located in the middle of Hilton Head Island, S.C., bounded by 3 miles of Atlantic Ocean beach on one side and a sheltered Intracoastal Waterway marina on the other. The resort features three world-class golf courses, an award-winning tennis center, an 11-mile inland salt-water lagoon system for kayaking and fishing, the Mediterranean-style Shelter Cove Harbour deep-water marina with shopping and dining, and an outdoor adventure center for bike rentals, canoes, kayaks, fishing and much more. The marina is also home to a wide variety of charters, including nature cruises, dolphin tours, sport crabbing and fishing. For information about activities or reservations, please call 877-567-6513 or visit www.palmettodunes.com.
For additional information on the 4th Annual Hilton Head Island Art Festival at Shelter Cove Harbour and other Howard Alan Events art and craft shows across the country, visit www.artfestival.com, email info ( @ ) artfestival dot com or call 561-746-6615.
· Show producer Howard Alan and participating artists are available for interviews prior to the festival.
· Photos of art festivals, participating artists and their work are available by contacting AnaBelle Dweck at anabelle ( @ ) artfestival dot com or 954-592-8500.
Howard Alan Events
anabelle ( @ ) artfestival dot com