2012 Monterey Beer Festival Announces Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas Will Emcee and Debut His National Beer Brand Big Hurt Beer
Just Announced! The 2012 Monterey Beer Festival announced that Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas will be the emcee! Join the Monterey Beer Festival on Saturday, June 9th, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Salinas, CA (1888PressRelease) May 21, 2012 - The 2012 Monterey Beer Festival will be celebrating 11 years of great beer and be held on Saturday, June 9th, 2012 from 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Monterey County Fairgrounds located at 2004 Fairgrounds Road in Monterey.
Today the Festival announced that Frank "Big Hurt" Thomas, two-time American League MVP, .301 Career Average, 521 Home Runs, 1704 RBI will be the emcee of the 2012 Monterey Beer Festival. Thomas will not only be the Emcee but will be debuting his national beer brand call Big Hurt Beer (BHB). Festival attendees will be among the first to taste Big Hurt Beers. Big Hurt Beer - like its bat-wielding inspiration -promises to be a hard-hitting presence at the Monterey Beer Festival.
"I'm very picky when it comes to beer," said Thomas, who described the brew as light and crisp. "It's a very good-tasting beer."
In addition to meeting Emcee Frank Thomas and tasting the debut of Big Hurt Beer attendees will:
• Sample varied styles of Ales, Lagers & Ciders from over eighty (80+) breweries with hundreds of beers to taste. On hand will be the best of beer from around the world, including America, Belgium, Germany, England, France, Australia, Thailand, Italy, Asia, Ireland, Russia, Mexico, Jamaica & California.
• What's beer without good food? Local food vendors from throughout the area will have booths at the Monterey Beer Festival. Whether you want Thai noodles, Korean or Southern barbecue, California cuisine, Cajun food, fried fish or just a plain old-fashioned bratwurst, there's a booth to feed your need.
• Live bands play throughout the day. Listen to "Tribute to Rock" Bands to perform including PETTY THEFT "Tom Petty & the Heart Breakers", Powerage "AC/DC" and Zoo Station "U2".
• $40 - Main Event Ticket (Includes all your Beer for the Main Event).*Main Event is from 12:30pm to 5pm
• $60 - VIP Event Ticket (Includes all your beer for the One-Hour Special. Tasting before the Main Event and Beer. Snacks* during the One Hour VIP Session.) VIP Ticket also includes Early Admission into the Main Event. *VIP Tasting is from 11:30am to 12:30pm *Beer Snacks are meats, cheeses & crackers, chips, pretzels and nuts.
• A limited number of tickets are available for both the VIP Event & the Main Event, so get your tickets early*(7 oz. Recyclable Cups provided by the Monterey Beer Fest for your Tasting).
• Only people certifiably over the age of 21 will be admitted this year - no exceptions.
Tickets can be purchased on line (VIP tickets available online only) at http://www.nightthatneverends.com/brew_with_a_view.htmlor at the Monterey County Fairgrounds. If the event is not sold out, Tickets may be available the day of the event at: Monterey Fairgrounds, Gate 5 starting at 10am.The 2012 Monterey Beer Festival is sponsored by Post No Bills, BevMo! and The Beer Geek.
Looking for a great place to stay while in Monterey? The Portola Hotel in downtown Monterey has a Special Rate of $149 a night for attendees of the Monterey Beer Festival. https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/istay.jsp?hotelid=5085&prodid=314193&killcookie=1&languageid=1
For more information go to www.nightthatneverends.com/brew_with_a_view.html or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monterey-Beer-Festival-SHort-Pour-Film-Fest/461233245071.
Press Contact: Marci Bracco Cain(831) 747-745