"Preparing for DASA" Training for NYS Public School Professionals in October
The Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) requires NYS schools to create environments free of bullying, harassment and discrimination. Learn how through a 4-hour training taught by experts from CAPS.
- New York, NY (1888PressRelease) August 25, 2011 - Child Abuse Prevention Services (CAPS), Long Island's leading organization dedicated to the prevention of bullying, child abuse and neglect, is offering NYS public school professionals a four-hour training on the Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) this October 5 in Plainview or October 14 in White Plains. Preparing for DASA is presented by NYSIR and will provide administrators and educators with the tools necessary to make their school DASA compliant before the July 1, 2012 deadline.
Preparing for DASA will:
- Prepare you to implement DASA in your school, by defining bullying,harassment and discrimination as it relates to the new law
- Provide best practices for bully prevention in your school including implementing school surveys, effective rubrics for discipline, guidelines for reporting and training of school personnel
- Discuss how school employees can prevent and effectively respond to incidents of bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Examine what's working and what's not working in reducing bullying at school
- Test common myths and facts about bullying.
Registration: $75 per person. There is no charge for NYSIR subscribers to attend the conference. To register or for information call 516-621-0552 x101 or email info ( @ ) capsli dot org dot Registration is required, as space is limited to this highly-anticipated training dot
About NYSIR: NYSIR is a not-for-profit insurance reciprocal owned by its subscribing members, New York Public School Districts and BOCES. It is the largest insurer of public schools in the State of New York and the only company continuously writing statewide for more than 20 years. Providing cost effective Insurance, Risk Management Services and Safety Programs for its subscribing members, NYSIR is the premier insurance company for Public Schools in New York State.
Founded in 1982, Child Abuse Prevention Services (CAPS) is Long Island's leading non-profit resource on the prevention of bullying, child abuse and neglect. Its Bully Prevention Center includes the agency's signature in-school programs for children, prevention workshops for parents, and staff development and training for school professionals. CAPS is a 501(c)(3) organization underwritten by private donations and grants. Volunteers are urgently needed. For information call 516-621-0552 ext. 104 or to make a donation visit www.capsli.org.